Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Gallery Opening at "The Wizard of Art"


"Make Visible what, 
without you, 
might perhaps never have been seen."
~Robert Bresson, french film director


The faculty art show Sunday evening was a blast!  We had so much fun and there was such an amazing, supportive energy.  Seven artists with different styles and mediums including, oils, ink, charcoal, photography and watercolor. Yes, that's me on the right with a glass of pinot and my endangered species icons.
 
This black and white piece to the right (sorry about the glare!) is by Mekenzie Kay who I occasionally teach with and substitute for at the studio.  She is doing some great new work in pastel and chalk.  I love this one. Powerful, right?!

Below is a detail of a beautiful painting by Paul Eventoff. (He and his wife Donna run the art school.) He is a gifted teacher and one of the most positive people I have ever met. Their whole family has been so welcoming to me whenever I am around the studio teaching or taking the figure class (which I have written about on many, many occasions!)  I sometimes feel like I fell into a pot of gold!  A truly great group of people.  Am I gushing?  Sheeesh!

The show also includes great work by Malaika Zweig, Donna Zweig, Chelsea Walsh, and Jessica Minkley  The show runs through January 16th and for more info click here!



"We can't take any credit for our talents.
It's how we use them that counts."
Madeleine L'Engle


No comments: