Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Gorgeous Jewelry ... by my sister!


Penny Herring is an artist who lives with her beautiful family in Ojai, California. She also happens to be my sister, and has always had ridiculously great taste! I mean, even in high school in the 80s she looked amazing! Seriously, not too many people can say that. So, it stands to reason that when she started making jewelry that it would be fabulous. She was a fine art major in college and was one of the first people doing "Green" interior design.

At my prodding she finally has a blog. (She is the one who got me going on mine last summer!)
AND she finally has her jewelry on ETSY! She makes most of her jewelry with PMC which is basically silver clay that is fired in a kiln until all that is left is a beautiful pure silver design. I think she explains that on her blog.

She has always done these groovy drawings and it's so fun to see them as wearable art! She also uses Afghan dies that she brought back from Pakistan, when my parents were living there in the late 1990s. (The bottom 3 are from the dies.)

I love this first piece so much. It looks so fantastic on!

All jewelry by Penny Herring at PK Studios








Congratulations Penny on your blog and Etsy!!!


10 comments:

PK Studios said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you : ) OXOX, PK

ArtSparker said...

Lovely blooms in silver.

Ruthie Redden said...

How very beautiful! You sound oh so proud of your sister x i am off for a peep x

Merisi said...

Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog! :-)

I love your sister's jewelry and will visit her blog right away. Thank you for the link!

Kerry O'Gorman said...

Your sister is lucky to have you for support! Not that she needs it because her jewelry is stunning! I love the 2nd piece...good for her. PMC is so cool. I have a friend who also makes gorgeous stuff and sells on etsy...her shop is bellezzabeads.

Kerry O'Gorman said...

oops, her shop name has changed to BellezzaBijoux@etsy.com!

Cobalt Violet said...

Thanks for the lovely comments! I know she appreciates it! We both do!

Karena said...

Stunning jewelry, so unique! I love it....perhaps a future giveaway!
Karena

Diana Strinati Baur said...

Really cool jewelry! Such nice pieces, I would wear them every day. Ojai must be a place with real creative energy. The American potter Beatrice Woods (who died at 105 and was the idea behind the elderly potter looking back in the movie Titanic) had her studio and gardens in the hills of Ojai). And she wore jewelry not unsimilar to these pieces.

Thank you for coming and commenting on my blog. Yours is interesting and atmospheric. Lovely.

Blogger said...

Bullion Exchanges is a well known Bullion Shop located in New York City's Diamond District.

Bullion Exchanges have a wide selection of items including but not limited to, metals that range from the ever popular gold & silver to platinum & palladium.

Bullion Exchanges are offering an enormous range of products appealing to 1st time buyers and the established investors.