Friday, December 31, 2010

New Beginnings

I can't quite believe the year is almost over. Where did 2010 go? Only a few hours to go. Faster and faster time goes, it seems. But as fast as it's gone, the last decade has brought deep change in how I see myself, how I relate to the world, my priorities and how I feel about my responsibility in being on this planet.

When I ask, "Who do I want to be in the world?" It's not so much the "who do I want to be" that has changed but the how. How do I want to express the best and most loving, creative version of myself.

Do you see yourself differently in the world than you did 10 years ago?
Have your priorities shifted?
Who do you want to be in the world in the next 10 years???

Pastel on La Carte 2010


I hope your new year and your "New Years"
Are filled with many miracles.


"People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle.

But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air,

but to walk on earth.

Every day we are engaged in a miracle

which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves,

the black curious eyes of a child -- our own two eyes.

All is a miracle."

~Thich Nhat Hanh

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful painting. You are really gifted. A Happy New Year to you, Inge

donna baker said...

I can't believe a decade has passed in the new century. Just be. That is my goal for the New Year.

KathyA said...

Your painting is remarkable -- such talent!

No new goals as such -- just trying to evolve!

Emily said...

Such a beautiful painting! Happy New Year!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

How did it all move through so fast?? I love the thich nacht hyun quote.(did I just butcher the name or what?)

To a divine Twenty~eleven....forall of us!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

THANK YOU FOR VISITING ME! I am too from California but now living in the mid-west...and I was an actress and now a French teacher/artist! Hmmm...! Come on back for more..Anita

k.a. photography said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year

Susan Roux said...

Lovely poem. Happy New Year. Wishing you lots of inspiration and flowing creativity in 2011.

Leovi said...

Wonderful light with these beautiful reflections. I wish you a happy and healthy 2011 and a great decade 2011-2020. Leovi.

Leovi said...

Maravillosa luz con esos preciosos reflejos. Te deseo un feliz y saludable 2011 y una gran década 2011-2020. Leovi.

erin's art and gardens said...

dear lucinda,
i wish you many miracles and lots of art in 2011!!
thanks so much for being one of my favorite blogging buds.
happy HAPPY new year!
erin

Karena said...

Lucinda, wondrous words and image!

Happy New Years!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Kirsten Randolph said...

Dearest Lucinda,
Thanks so much for visiting Love Accents. You stop by for a cup of tea anytime! The title of your blog is a color I love, with a passion...it is not easy color. You have god-given talent. Your work is awesomely beautiful. About "wanting what, when and where" to be to the world...I have just began my journey the 21.12.2010. Please read (parte one) if you like. http://loveaccentscouture.blogspot.com/2010/12/dreams.html
Yes it is very true, that today we do not take the time to stop to count the leaves on a tree...Please join us at Love Accents.
Regards,
Kirsten

Cobalt Violet said...

Many thanks to all of you!
Hope this year brings great joy and peace to
all of you!!!! Happy 2011!

Paula Ilha said...

What a wonderful painting and words!
I wish you a Happy New Year!
Best regards.

Candy said...

Lucinda, the painting is lovely. The poem is perfect. I've never read any of Thich Nhat Hanh's work, but I plan on hitting Google in a little while. Happy New Year!

Tammie Lee said...

lovely thoughts that you share from mister Hanh~
Your pastel landscape is magical, I love the light and colors in it! A perfect vision for our new year...

wishing you miracles... like walking on earth and more in 2011 ~