Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Amazing Art Kids at The Wizard of Art

I don't think I've posted the kids' art since summer! And, I have to say, it's been nice to teach there on a more consistent schedule, and really get to know the kids better, as well as their art. 

Here are some of my faves, since fall. 

La Tour Eiffel by Moonlight 
Watercolor, watercolor pencil and ink on paper


By Shelby, 10 
sweetheart and more talented than she knows! 
(Wait til you see her next piece!)


Oh, and here's a little fun music to go with the kids …


Still life with Roses 
Pastel on Paper


Deanna, 6 
Matisse enthusiast and storyteller



Still Life Narrative: Story of Tragic Transgender Teen
(No, I'm not making that up. 
She had a whole beautifully detailed story 
written around this piece.)
Charcoal and Pastel on Paper


McKenna, 13 
Artistic soul, got into all 6 high schools to which she applied, 
including the Los Angeles School of the Arts, her school of choice



Girl with Blue Orb 
Oil on Canvas



Talia, 17 (just turned 18) 
Beyond brilliant, and off to Brown University in the Fall



Godzilla and the Chevy 
Pastel and charcoal pencil on paper


Simon, 8
Imaginative and unique, also a beekeeper



Monochrome Monarch 
Charcoal tone drawing


Jessica, 9
A little funny and bright butterfly, 
practical joker, and my little buddy


Landscape Meadow with Oak Trees
Watercolor on Paper



Juliette, 10 
Energetic and excited watercolor enthusiast, 
(this was her first!) also fluent in French.


Still Life Interior by a Window View
Pastel on Paper



Jaffe, 6
Snacker and visionary colorist


I found I could say things with color and shapes 
that I couldn't say any other way-
Things I had no words for.
~Georgia O'Keeffe

Cupcake Creation with Chocolate Sprinkles
Acrylic on Canvas



Keya, 13
Sensitive, talented, and totally boy crazy



Seascape Inspired by Book Cover 
Acrylic on Canvas



Tessa, 11 
Humorist, jokester, matchmaker 
and paints water like no body's business




Mountain Landscape with Lake 
Watercolor on paper



Eva Luna, 10
Watercolorist extraordinaire, future public speaker 
and fellow matchmaker with best friend Tessa



It's not just about creativity,
it is about the person you're becoming 
while you're creating.
~Charlie Peacock

This Sunday is our yearly exhibition "Wiz Works," of all the kids art. If you are in LA, you should come by! It's from 2-6:00pm 1947 Hillhurst, in Los Feliz.

Hope you are all of to a great week!
Blessings and light!


10 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonsoir,

Une publication très émouvante avec toutes ces oeuvres toutes plus belles les unes que les autres...
Gros bisous à tous.

Rick Forrestal said...

This is such a great post . . .

Children's art always blows me away.
And I love your photos of the "artists" next
to their work.

Ya dun good, Lu!
Thank you so much for sharing.

donna baker said...

Oh Lucinda, I just love it when you show your students. So sweet. Tell Talia that my best friends' daughter, Carmine Wiley, is just finishing her first year at Brown and just loves it.

Theresa said...

Wonderful. A great art teacher and great students! You are surely a gift to them.

Unknown said...

What gifted art students! Amazing work! You must be so proud of their accomplishments.

Kerry O'Gorman said...

These kids are off to an amazing artistic future! It's so cool to see such raw talent, such beauty.
What a treat...thanks Lucinda!

Loree said...

What a wonderful collection. All these kids are super-talented. Amazing work.

Tammie Lee said...

hello,

gosh, these are all fabulous! you must be so proud of your students!

I really enjoyed seeing each piece.

JANE MINTER said...

wow ! ...it looks like they love your art classes lucinda ...a treat to have a glipse of all of their art work

Anonymous said...

I'm so incredibly impressed by this!!! These kids are amazing. So much talent, joy and free expression. I feel inspired, and also sad in a way. I know how much I restrict myself in art because it's never 'good enough'. I hope these kids will always hold onto their bold way of expressing themselves through art and never stop because of their inner critic. I'm inspired!