Sunday, April 28, 2019

Journey of Traditions! Stories of South Central Asia



Journey of Traditions
Stories of South Central Asia


I'm so happy to announce the self publication of my mother's beautiful book Journey of Traditions! Back in the 1990s my parents lived in Pakistan where my mom collected beautiful textiles and artifacts. Over time she came up with the idea of sharing the beauty of South Central Asia through an exhibition. She wrote stories and painted these incredible illustrations that include the artifacts that will be in an upcoming exhibition.


On top of this she started a blog that includes some of the many artifacts they collected.


There is so much beauty and artistry in South Central Asia but sadly the news doesn't cover that. Through these objects, paintings, textiles and stories, the objective is to give a different perspective of  this incredible part of our world.


The book came out so great! The stories are wonderful and the actual printing of the artwork looks amazing. It was definitely a labor of love. I'm so proud of my mom!


I love this painting, below. It's definitely one of my favorites. These wonderful performers were at the Lok Virsa festival in Islamabad, where there are all of these artisans that present their goods. Some were actually doing their wonderful crafts at the festival, from wood workers to to intricate embroidery. I'm not sure they actually call it a festival but that is definitely what it felt like.



I can't get over this sweet face!


I brought her painting outside to photograph. It's actually a fairly large piece and I thought it ended up looking cool among the vines. I just love the light from the fire and that wonderful sky!



If you are interested in her new book, which is just beautiful and would make a wonderful gift for a young person or an adult, check out her Etsy site here !

Please check out and follow my mom's new blog by clicking here There are so many beautiful things to look at! Enjoy!

Blessings and light!

1 comment:

electricwave said...

Wonderful post,i was been in venice several times.. it is a unique city! ew:)