Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Henna


The sun is finally out!  I don't want to jinx it or anything but when the sun comes out, it's time to break out the henna. (It's easier to show off when you aren't all bundled up!)  The first time I had mehndi done was in Pakistan in 1997!  I loved it and eventually started doing it myself for friends and parties. Henna is used for all sorts of medicinal purposes and is said to have spiritual properties as well.  Someone spiritual guru once told me that babies can even see the designs from inside the belly!  

Anyway, there is something that feels very ritualistically romantic about doing mehndi  ... very "Red Tent" and I just think it's beautiful. (Mehndi feet are ultra sexy)  These are a few I did a couple of years ago...







I am not currently doing events but if you are looking and are out west, check out this fabulous chick I know!  Her name is Merritt and she cant be found at Party Henna.  I just love her.

No comments: