Monday, September 7, 2009

Drawing Oaks - Finally.

Well, I guess I didn't need a whole big bag of art supplies and four different pads of drawing paper to do a black and white charcoal drawing but I never really know what I am going to feel like creating.

I had big plans to get a lot of drawing done but alas, this is me we are talking about. I just find so many ways to distract myself up here, like having a glass of wine at the Ojai Valley Inn, playing with my sisters DVR and watching every travel show known to man (Have you been to Spain? I really need to go!) ... plus cleaning up after the puppy and so on.

This isn't done but I can finish it back in L.A. where I left my vine charcoal. (That would be the one and only thing I forgot to bring with me to Ojai.)

Oak Trees in the yard - unfinished 2009


Joy is what happens to us
when we allow ourselves to recognize
how good things really are.
~ Marianne Williamson

No comments: