Friday, January 22, 2010

Millbury, Massachusetts

I took the Greyhound from Port Authority in Manhattan to South Station Boston. For only 23 bucks I was going to see one of my best friends. Quite the bargain, eh? I met Dawn in my first acting class in L.A. We hit it off immediately and when she told me she was a Sagittarius, I said "Of course you are! The best sign!" All Sag's think this. Ask any one of us and we'll tell you!

She is one of those friends I have laughed with so hard I've started crying and cried so hard I laughed. We've shared our love of acting, Philadelphia Story, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. We drove across country together in 1999, singing songs from the 70s and 80s at top volume, windows down, with our hot pink nails and jazz hands feeling the cold air out the windows of her moving truck as we drove over the Rocky Mountains.



Now, 11 years later, I was in her home town . Two archer girls standing on a bridge in 20 degree weather, watching the ducks go by. And when the ducks beneath the bridge started to fly under us, creating these beautiful silhouettes, in unison, we gasped.








"You must understand the whole of life,
not just one little part of it.
That is why you must read,
that is why you must look at the skies,
that is why you must sing,
and dance
and write poems,
and suffer, and understand,
for all that is life."
~Krishnamurti


11 comments:

PK Studios said...

So girl, get your stuff on Etsy....or get it MORE out there. You should be selling your photography! These are gorgeous.

Pierre said...

Beautiful against the light images! Mmmm I love to take a Greyhound bus from Port Authority and go discover America. Definitely in the top 10 things I fancy the most in life!

Erin Pettit said...

I'm with Penny! Your photography is always amazing. You should run with that, Lu! I made the ONLY album from our wedding exclusively from your photos. You took pictures of the flowers that are gallery quality! Love it...and you!

Cobalt Violet said...

Thanks PK, Pierre and Erin! Hoping to manifest a great camera this year, so I can really go crazy!

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am assuming you found me as a fellow archer? :). these photos are gorgeous. Very Ansel Adam-Ish. But I'm sure you must know that. :)

BB said...

Can one live without an image. Can one live without an image? What is an image? The image created by hand that exists in churches and temples, that image is the projection of one's own desires put in stone or in marble, or in clay. Can't you live without that? And it becomes much more difficult to be free of the image created by thought.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

Heather Jacks said...

Stunningly beautiful black and white images, and very meaningful words.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

That was a beautiful post...in word, image and sentiment!

ArtSparker said...

You're a Buffy fan? Sister!

Cobalt Violet said...

Thanks y'all!

And yes Susan, I love Buffy!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

such beautiful photos. Love the reflections of the ducks and the poetry you include.