Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Perfect Lunch

OK, so around the corner from Piazza Navona, in Piazza Pasquino which butts up to Via del Governo Vecchio is Enoteca Cul de Sac. Let me tell you ... the ravioli was magical! A very nice italian lady at the next table was having it and had pointed to it with her fork, and nodding to her dining companion said, "Fantastico." She saw me checking it out and she actually offered me a bite! (See? Love the Italians!) It was some sort of meat and vegetable. No idea but she was right, fantastico.

We had some steamed veggies served with goat cheese and a very crisp delicious salad, as well. Their wine list is extensive and I got this inexpensive glass (see photo on bottom) of wine that I swear, along with the Ravioli put me in a state of bliss. For a glass of wine that fabulous in L.A. I might have to fork over 15 bucks, by the way!

I rarely post pictures of myself but I think the look on my face says it all. Loving life. Plus, I love that t-shirt and I thought it was funny when my mom commented how cute it was and my dad agreed (sort of.)
"Yeah, cute ... like a gondolier."
Hmm.



Maybe it was the day ... the atmosphere ... or just being in Rome ... but it felt like the perfect lunch.


9 comments:

Theresa said...

You lucky girl. Love your parents comments...about the shirt. Makes me miss my trip to Italy last summer which I shared some photos from if you look at July, Aug 2009. I leave home in 4 days, kinda crazy now but will be in touch about meeting in LA. T

Candy said...

It's been so much fun reading about your trip! Italy is on our list of places we are going. Your photos are terrific. I love the one of you. Your dad's t-shirt comment sounds just like something my dad would say.

I like Saint Francis, too. Someday - the art, the architecture, the food, the wine! I'm looking forward to more posts about the trip.

Diana Strinati Baur said...

you are ADORABLE!

Heather Jacks said...

You look so happy! Very great idea to photograph the wine info!

Kerry O'Gorman said...

How Coco Channel of you!The food and wine looks so yummy!

Jo Potter said...

I also love Italy and the passionate Italians!:)
Really good to see you enjoying a nice glass of red wine. Your top looks lovely and it does suit you.:)
I went to Florence a few years ago and visited the Uffzi gallery. I saw the statue of David by Michelangelo. I thought it was wonderful. I especially loved the art in Italy and all the great places to have coffee with Italian Pastries. Yummy!!!
I would love to visit Rome someday. Thanks for sharing your lovely holiday with us.

All best wishes,
Jo.x

Loree said...

It really does sound like the perfect lunch. I am enjoying all your Italy posts although I am not always commenting. I am going through a rather busy time at the moment.

Cobalt Violet said...

See Kerry? I saw that movie and now have 4 striped shirts in three colors! :) (loved your post about it)

Candy, your right ... such a "dad" comment! :)

Thank you Diana!!! So sweet!

Heather, it's the easiest way to go! Just take pictures of everything and write it down later! (For me, it's just laziness and never having a pen when I need one!)

I will check out your pics Theresa, thanks! Yeah, stay in touch about L.A.!

Thanks Loree, and no worries, just happy to have you visit!

Joanne ... yep, the art in Florence (and all over Italy) is so incredible and inspiring ... and so are the pastries! And you are right, David is wonderful!

PK Studios said...

Not that I want you to move to Italy... but maybe just for a little while so I can come visit : ) I think you are meant to be there!