Monday, May 21, 2012

Chinese Gardens at the Huntington ~Pasadena


Sorry for the absence, it's was a crazy week, followed by 4 days in Ojai babysitting my nephew Benjamin. Anyway ... back to the Huntington Gardens! As the title says, this is Chinese Garden and it's just beautiful. 

It was only put in a few years back and the plants have really grown in. Another bonus is, they have a great little place to get snacks and great ice tea! 

Simplicity, patience, compassion.
These three are your greatest treasures.
Simple in actions and thoughts, 
you return to the source of your being.
Patient with both friends and enemies,
you accord with the way things are.
Compassionate toward yourself,
you reconcile all beings in the world.

~Lao Tzu
Tao Te Ching


At the center of your being
you have the answer;
you know who you are
and what you want.

~Lao Tzu


Being deeply loved by someone 
gives you strength,
while loving some deeply
gives you courage.

~Lao Tzu


Being content with what you have;
rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you.

~Lao Tzu

 


When I let go of what I am,
I become what I might be.


~Lao Tzu



Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes.
Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow.
Let reality be reality.
Let things flow naturally forward
in whatever way they like.


~Lao Tzu


Stop thinking,
and end your problems.

~Lao Tzu


Nature does not hurry,
yet everything is accomplished.

~Lao Tzu


My sister and Ben, taking it all in.





My favorite view of the garden ...

 

Be care ful what you water your dreams with.
Water them with worry and fear 
and you will produce weeds 
that choke the life from your dream. 
Water them with optimism and solutions 
and you will cultivate success. 
Always be on the lookout 
for ways to turn a problem 
into an opportunity for success.
Always be on the lookout 
for ways to nurture your dream.

~Lao Tzu

I read this morning that around 3,000 people, in Italy, are out of their homes now, from the earthquake. Please keep those in Northern Italy in your thoughts and prayers.

Blessings and light!

All quotes found on goodreads.com

8 comments:

KathyA said...

I love these gardens!!!! Thank you so much for sharing...

I'm having real difficulty in reading the font -- size and color. Can make it out, but not without great effort. I always am interested in what you have to say. :)

jane said...

it´s amazing that all these gardens are in one place. it must be incredible to see. :)
x

Kerry O'Gorman said...

So pretty! Japanese gardens are such peaceful, artful places...no wonder we love them so. I love the shot of the bridge and how calm the water is so to show a complete set of circles formed!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

simplicity, patience, compassion...

Beautiful.

Tammie Lee said...

I had no idea about Italy and my sister lives there!

beautiful gardens
beautiful post!

Don said...

So beautiful...as are the quotes. You know I love a good quote.

shayndel said...

Wonderful quotes and beautiful photos!
I am interested in the idea of "center" and hope you don't mind I will copy down the quote you quoted and add it to my inspirations!
Hope you have a beautiful day and happy weekend!

Cobalt Violet said...

Thanks for the comments!!! I'll be comin' around soon!