Thursday, July 4, 2013

America the Beautiful ... in Ojai


Happy 4th of July!!!


From the Dick Cavett Show, September '72



These were taken July 4, 2011, up in Ojai, at my parents house.


My sis and my nephew Benjamin!


 

Ben's first "snakes."




And my nephew's first sparkler! (Can't believe how much he's grown since then!)


Fireworks by the pool ...

 

And then fireworks at the high school ...



Whatever you do, this 4th of July, I hope it's spectacular.

O beautiful for patriot's dream
That sees beyond the years
Thine alabaster cities gleam
Undimmed by human tears.
America!
America!
God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea.
~Katherine Lee Bates

Blessings and light!

4 comments:

donna baker said...

That's so cute Lucinda. My grandkids should be here in a few and we will go buy fireworks with them. We always do our own show at the farm with a bonfire and cookout. Hope yours is wonderful.

donna baker said...

Forgot to say, you must have a good zoom lens because your firework pics are beautiful.

ruma said...


Hello, Cobalt Violet.

  Your exquisite work leads my impression.
  The passion for the art.  It is universal.

  Thank you visit to my garden.
  The prayer for all peace.

Have a good weekend. From Japan, friday night  ruma❃

Cobalt Violet said...

Donna!
Hope you had a great time with your grandkids!
It was a fun but very busy weekend here! My camera for this was just my little canon point and shoot but it's pretty good. In fact it is what I used on my most recent trip to italy!

Ruma
thank you for coming by!!!
I will look forward to visiting you!! :)
thanks!!!