Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Holy Mary


After spending a couple of days hanging with my sister's new puppy in Ojai, I decided to head to this groovy little metaphysical shop Soul Centered to pick up some black tourmaline. It's apparently supposed to help absorb all the bad Juju from the computer ... electromagnetic something or other. I don't really know about all that but it's a cool looking rock, so why not?

Anyway... I was overhearing this conversation two women were having about how one of them was going to bring a man into her life. The one woman asked what the other woman had on her bedroom walls. "Nothing," the other gal answered. "Exactly," said the one giving the advice. "Be careful what you put or don't put on your walls ... you should have pictures of romantic couples ... "

When I got home I saw the Virgin Mary I'd gotten in Siena, hanging over my bed and burst out laughing. She is now in a cabinet in my living room. (And hopefully George Clooney is on his way over.)

Rodin

Maybe this picture I took at The Met in N.Y. needs to go in the empty space Mary once occupied.

To any artist, worthy of the name, all in nature is beautiful,
because his eyes, fearlessly accepting all exterior truth,
read there, as in an open book, all the inner truth.
~Auguste Rodin


No comments: