Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lake Como ...

My sister is planning a trip in late September to Lake Como, among other places.  I am going over the various places I visited last September  ... the views, the food, the shopping ... it's without a doubt, one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.  I fell in love.  I kept thinking, why does anyone ever leave this place?!  I did, of course, because Rome was in my near future.  If you ever get the chance ... GO!  Here are a few pictures from Varenna and the Villa Carlotta across the lake.  Dreamy.  If I were George Clooney, I would have a place there too.

















The precise location of heaven on earth has never been established
but it may very well be right here.
~ Herb Caen on Lake Como


1 comment:

nycrun said...

beautiful pix. been there
http://nycrunfashion.blogspot.com