Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Kiss Me, I'm Irish?

Happy St. Patrick's Day

So, I was just reading my sister's blog and apparently we are Irish! I guess she mentioned it in one of the many conversations we had during her passionate love affair with Ancestry.com but there was a lot of information thrown about during those conversations and frankly, at the time I was focusing on the European royalty stuff.

So, new to being Irish, but not so new to a good Irish Lager, I am toasting my ancestors, wishing for a little luck of the Irish and sharing a bit of Yeats with my new friends, near and far.

Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,

Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths

Of night and light and the half light,

I would spread the cloths under your feet:

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;

I have spread my dreams under your feet;

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

~W.B. Yeats

My parents old house ... I miss it.






and just for fun an Irish toast ...

May your pockets be heavy- Your heart be light,
And may good luck pursue you
Each morning and night.

2 comments:

ArtSparker said...

The gate photo is lovely, I can see why you would miss that house.

PK Studios said...

I miss the house too.... : ( It's weird to think I cannot go where I go married!!