Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fabulously Unique

I love this model. She has a fun, creative style and sweet personality. She came up with this outfit and having the suitcase ... basically it was all her. Fabulously unique, non?

Let me tell you, that organza blouse was so fun to draw. I got so wrapped up in the ruffles I didn't get to her fabulous fishnets! Oh well, fishnets are probably more fun to wear than to draw! (I am guessing here because it's been a while since I have donned fishnets. Hmm, might have to find an excuse to remedy that!)

Long pose charcoal and white pastel on Fabriano paper


my 3 minute pose pink pastel on newsprint


Bottom photo: Clockwise from the top, my figure drawing buddies work Gilles, Madeleine and Stephanie. (None have blogs!) Love how different we all are! Gilles red chair and delicate hand, Madeleine's colorful shading and Stephanie's "room" with off kilter frames!


Today you are You,

that is truer than true.

There is no one alive

who is Youer than You.

~Dr. Seuss


5 comments:

Victoria said...

These are ALL so fabulous! Gorgeous work..cheers! Beautiful inspiring post!
Kiki~

spacedlaw said...

I love the three minutes pastel.

ArtSparker said...

Beautiful girls. The model looks as if she would be a lot of fun to draw.

Candy said...

I love the long pose. You did a beautiful job on it. It was fun to see the sketches done by the others in your group. They are all great - each with a different take on the same subject.

Cobalt Violet said...

Thanks!! I had a ball doing them!