Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Amalfi At The Beach and Beginning Italian!


After a bit of debate on whether to head to Capri, Amalfi or Sorrento for a little day trip from Positano, we decided to take the boat to Amalfi. That was a place my parents had never been and we decided to go somewhere that was new to all of us. The weather was pretty cloudy when we arrived but some rather strong crazy winds eventually carried the clouds away.

I love red and white (can you tell?) and against the amazing water of the mediterranean, it was spectacular. This beach was just below where we had lunch. I'll have to find the business card because the salads were amazing, the homemade limoncello might have been the best we ever had, and the view? Well ... it doesn't get much better than this!













Tonight I begin my first Italian class, so please wish me luck!!!
Grazie!


10 comments:

Don said...

Love the red and white... and blue!

Candy said...

Wow! This is gorgeous. I bet you're going to have so much fun in your Italian class. Please let us know how it goes.

Kerry O'Gorman said...

I once heard a quote that said..."If you want to learn of power, you learn German. If you want to learn of knowledge, you learn English. If you want to learn of God, you learn Spanish. But if you want to learn of love, you learn Italian." Have fun and thanks for the link to the Sicilian Images...

Jo Potter said...

Italian is a very musical language. All the best with the classes.:-)
I would also like to learn to speak Italian fluently. Your photos are lovely. What a beautiful beach. I think I would love to visit Amalfi and relax in the sun!

Anonymous said...

Buon giorno, wonderful pictures. I would love to be there. Buona fortuna - for your Italien class tonight. Greetings, Inge

Emily said...

Oh! I'm really homesick for Italy right now and these pictures just aren't helping! Beautiful!

Have fun in your class!

Loree said...

Beautiful conrasting colours. Good luck with your Italian. It's not too difficult. We learnt it at school.

A Brush with Color said...

O....M.....G! Calgon, take me away! This is fabulous. Jealous--so glad you're taking us along for the ride. Ciao bella!

Cobalt Violet said...

Thanks for comments and the encouragement and well wishes on Italian Class ... it went pretty well - I will write more later about it!

Emily, sorry I made you homesick for Italy! It's a problem I have too! (though I have never actually lived there!)

Kerry, I love that quote!

PK Studios said...

I didn't know y'all went to Amalfi....I never heard any stories! Hope class was fun....any cute boys? (I mean men, of course)