Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Break for Italy!

O.K., so I have been crazy busy getting ready for my trip and was slacking on doing much blog posting. I do this thing before I go on a trip. It's sort of a "cultural emersion" thing. For instance, I have been listening to Italian tapes (CDs rather!), reading books on Francis of Assisi and Rome, going on blogs (of course) and watching travel DVDs from Rick Steve's and the bald guy. I guess I just don't want to miss anything. I know I will be in my carbohydrate coma anyway but I at least feel the need to make an effort.

I also rented more Italian films (which I did a lot of before my last trip to Italy.) I think someone could have warned me about Rome Open City though. Sheesh! I actually sat up in bed, screamed and started weaping! I also watched Two Women and decided in my next life I want to be Sofia Loren. I think I have mentioned that before. For good measure I through in Fellini because I had never seen Amarcord. I have been listening to that soundtrack forever and figured it was about time. Great characters and beautiful images, as always but trippy Fellini, as usual.

These are photos from my last trip to Italy. I realized I don't think I have ever put up any Rome pictures! How is that possible? I am, after all, obsessed with Rome and trying to figure out how to live there part of the year.

Anyway, I will be in Rome, Assisi (for Calendimaggio!) and Positano and can't wait to share photos and adventures. I will try to control myself though!

Rome 2008



Assisi 2008



Back May 18th!! Enjoy spring everyone!
Sending hugs and love,
Ciao!!


13 comments:

PK Studios said...

Will miss you : (
Wish I could go....
Hugs to Francis.

Loree said...

Oh please, please, please post all the photos you can. We m ust be kindred spirits then because I love Rome too and would move there in a heartbeat. Have fun.

Heather Jacks said...

Have a fantastic trip!

erin's art and gardens said...

oh, you lucky, LUCKY girl!! i'll be with you in spirit, sweety!! take lots o photos!! have a wonderful time :0)

Kerry O'Gorman said...

You lucky dog you! One of my favorite soundtracks is from the movie 'Big Night'. Not set in Italy but all about food and 2 Italian brothers...Claudio Villa has the most amazing voice I've ever heard and the song to listen to is called Stornelli Amorisi...have a bella trip!

KathyA said...

I'd pick up and move to Cinque Terra if I could! Ciao!

Victoria said...

Wow..these are all mega-beautiful photos and sooo dazzling ..! Have a fabulous time! Yay..how exciting! Ciao bella!
Kiki~

A Brush with Color said...

Wonderful photos--have a terrific trip! I'm jealous. My personal email address is "loveitaly@...." so I suppose I stop for Italy, too! I do the same as you, forcing my friends who ride in the car with me prior to a trip to speak in Italian in the car, etc....

Diana Strinati Baur said...

Buon Viaggio! Welcome to our side of the pond :)

Bungalow 36 said...

I <3 Italy! Have a fun trip!!! I can't wait to read your blogs when you get back.

Candy said...

I'm sure your're having a fabulous time! I can't wait to hear/read all about it when you get back!

Helle Jorgensen said...

Lucky you! Have fun.

文章 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.