Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Compassion

i
fill your mind with compassion

The Buddha


After the Rain, Ojai Calfornia 3/11
pastel on La Carte
donated to silent auction for NCL


Whether one believes in a religion or not,
and whether one believes in rebirth or not,
there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate
kindness and compassion.

~Dalai Lama






Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart,
kind speech, and a life of service and compassion
are things which renew humanity.

~Buddha

I guess it's natural that we should all have great compassion when we see suffering right in front of us on the television. I hope that place inside of us that is so touched by what we have seen, will help us all go forward in love and kindness.

I got an email last night from my friend Amanda who passed this on to me. I don't know who originated it, but it's a wonderful idea, so I thought I'd pass it on to you.

"I am asking that on Tuesday, March 15th between 7 and 7:30pm Pacific
Standard Time, you stop what you are doing and hold the hand of the person
next to you, known or stranger and pray. Pray for light, love, safety and a
settled earth. We must gather together with intention of love. If you don't
know how to pray or meditate, just stop what you are doing and think of
something that makes you happy and feel peaceful and hold the idea of
helping people in Japan."

If you aren't on the west coast of the U.S. I guess you will have to work out the time change!

Hope you are all safe and well and I will back soon!

Blessings and light
Lucinda


9 comments:

none said...

Prayer is extremely powerful-- thanks for sharing this idea!
I believe 7:00 PST is 10:00 PM EST. A prayer at anytime is helpful...I am afraid I'll be asleep by then, but I will pray before bed. :)
Peace & goodness to you. May Christ be with us all.

Victoria said...

Hi Lu...super beautiful post...wonderfully peaceful.

Tammie Lee said...

Ah, your donated piece is gorgeous!
Compassion... something that rises naturally when we know we are one with all life..... in the meantime to practice compassion is a wonderful idea. Thank you.

Cristina Deboni said...

Il quadro รจ bellissimo, mi piace come dipingi la natura. Belle anche le foto. Brava. ciao Cri : )

Kerry O'Gorman said...

Collective consciences can be a powerful thing. This is a grand idea. Was alone last night, but thinking of all that's happened and all of those I love. Thanks Lucinda.

BB said...

There have been in Europe many protests against nuclear power plants, It´s amazing how a single action develops into a reaction of events and awareness.
It seems the world "finally" (at least I hope so) realized that we are all sleeping on top of a barrel of gun powder that might go off anytime.

These days i´ve been feeling quite sadened about what has happened, and what is still happening right now on Japan. My prayers will join yours, I hope it will mean a shift into people´s minds in the next future.
Love and friendship from Portugal_BB

A Brush with Color said...

Well, I'm just seeing this, so I suppose I missed the deadline for this idea, but I'll do it today. Lovely, Lucinda: it's so true that the suffering we see right before us on TV is absolutely palpable, and almost unfathomable, isn't it?

Your artwork here is stunning--what a beautiful job you did on this! My thoughts are with the people of Japan...and Libya, etc. People live through such incredibly difficult things. I know how fortunate I am.

KathyA said...

Sorry to have gotten to read this so late. Was actually on the West Coast at that time -- been doing a lot of praying, though.

KathyA said...

PS Love the photos - esp the osteospermum!!