Sunday, April 17, 2011

Wizard of Art Student Show 2011


One week ago, after my three day pastel workshop and my Saturday class with Bert Collins, I headed back to L.A. in time to for the annual Wizard of Art Student Show. I fill in at the school teaching art or working at the desk whenever they need me to fill in. (I also teach summer art workshops)

The students are anywhere from 5 years old (with an occasional four year old) to 75, with the majority being under fifteen.

Oh, and by the way, the kids named their own art pieces for the show ...


"A Dog and His Date"

Zoe Peters, Age 7
Pastel on Paper




Wizard Walls covered in art


My "Working" Family after the students left the show. You can see how boring and uptight everyone is! HA! ;)


Donna and Paul (a.k.a. "The Wizard")


Mekenzie cutting a rug ...


My absolute favorite piece in the show ...

"Black Dog in a Rainbow Future"
Dashell Zam age 9
Acrylic on Canvas



Isn't that the best?!

If you want to see some of my all time favorite posts,
with more amazing art by the kiddos, click HERE!

We are all inventors
each sailing out on a voyage of discovery.
The world is all gates, all opportunities.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Have an amazing week!
Blessings and light!


2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

WOW! Your lot seem like a good bunch to hang out with!! LOL The art is fabulous...and the fun is palpable!!

KathyA said...

What an all-around great time everyone seemed to have!!