Thursday, September 20, 2012

Klimt at the Getty Center


All art is erotic.
~Gustav Klimt


Yay! I made it! The Klimt exhibition at The Getty Center ends this weekend but my friend Malaika and I made it under the wire! It was especially great because not only do we both love his drawings (which was whey were exhibiting) but I hadn't gone an done anything with her outside of a group in ... a year? Two? Honestly, I can't remember. Her parents run the Wizard of Art where I teach, so once in a blue moon we all go to happy hour but even that is rare, so this was extra special.





Yay!!! I love his drawings!!! Sorry, I couldn't take pictures!



Here is a film that was shown in the exhibit which includes many of the pieces in the show. Enjoy! If it doesn't work, click HERE to see it on the website.




As you can see, it was a gorgeous day! Last time I was there the garden was closed ... not this time! 







I love museum gift shops but they are quite dangerous. I managed not to go nuts this time and just picked up postcards, from the exhibit, to send to my nieces at school in New York, and a little birthday gift for my sis. Fortunately, I already have Klimt books, including a rather extensive one of his drawings, so it was easy to not get tempted by the catalog, this time. Phew!


My favorite iPhone photo of the day. :)



Whoever wants to know something about me - 
as an artist which alone is significant - they should look attentively at my pictures
and there seek to recognize what I am and what I want.
~Gustav Klimt

Have an amazing weekend everyone!
Blessings and light!



7 comments:

Victoria said...

Hello Lucinda! What a spellbinding post of beauty..loved the vid of Klimt..wonderfully inspiring..and all your fabulous photos are a feast for the eyes once again!Thanks for all your sharings..spectacular and powerful!
hugs
Shine on! I feel transformed and full of magic after visiting..thankyou!
Victoria

Kerry O'Gorman said...

California dreaming! Just as you were jealous of my 'Chahully' visit in Seattle, I am just the same with your visit to this exhibit! What a wonderful museum to see it in...cheers Lucinda!

donna baker said...

Thank you Lucinda for the Getty tour. Someday, I may get there. Loved the Klimt video.

KathyA said...

Imagine art that can stand up to the beauty of the Getty!

Tammie Lee said...

hello Lucinda,

your photos are wonderful, so artfully taken and shared. I so enjoyed this little film too. The hand drawing the slow lines was quite enticing, i reached for my sketchbook and drew a man as i watched and listened.

Unknown said...

It looks like you guys had such a great time! Your pictures are so vibrant and cheerful!

UIFPW08 said...

Amazing shots.
Morris