Friday, May 23, 2014

"Courage"

Last fall, I started a new series of portraits, of girls. For now, they are Afghan girls, but that may be expanded. 

I was inspired by a photo I was given, last summer, by an Afghan American friend. The photo was taken on her last trip to Central Asia. It was of her granddaughter, with 3 other Afghani girls, who were headed to school. 

I'm doing separate portrait of each girl from that photo. 

Courage
by Lucinda Keller
Pastel on Uart paper



I don't mind if I have to sit on the floor at school.
All want is education.
And I'm afraid of no one.
~Malala Yousufzai


blessings and light!

4 comments:

Rick Forrestal said...

You are a gifted artist indeed.
I love this pastel.
(You are full of surprises.)

Theresa said...

Wow!!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Girls with books. Perfect! And beautifully soulful!

Suzanna said...

A beautiful portrait...she looks so determined and wise...