Saturday, November 29, 2014

Final Faves: New York Mix ~ Brooklyn, The Park and Around Manhattan


Life has got to be lived --
that's all there is to it.
~Eleanor Roosevelt 


Most of these photos were taken on my last full day, in New York, and on my way home the next. 

It was the end of August and difficult not to anticipate the coming of September and "School" starting. Doesn't September always feel like that? For me it does. It always feels the start of the year. And now, with my job teaching (even though many students we've had for years), things really switch up in the fall, because we also get a lot of new students.

But ... I still had a full day in New York!

The Mercedes Apartments ...


And time to fuel up, at Giorgio's Country Grill, with a rather enormous breakfast ...



The church across from Larry's.



Hell's Kitchen area


There is a calmness to a life lived 
in gratitude,
a Quiet joy.
~Ralph H. Blum






This was the day that it started to rain, when I was in the park ...


Central Park

But not before doing a little field sketch!



This is at the South End of Central Park, but over on the East Side,  north of the Plaza Hotel, where I ended up charging my iPhone.


With arms outstretched   I thank.
With heart beating gratefully   I love.
With body in health   I jump for joy.
With spirit full   I live.
~Terri Guillemets


My last day in N.Y., was also the day my niece moved into her new apartment, in Brooklyn. I ended up being there for the Ikea deliveries and the first dinner in their new place. (It's still New York, so that meant ordering in, since the kitchen wasn't unpacked yet.) It was perfect timing that I was there that day!

Brooklyn


Up on her roof!




I am thankful for my struggle because without it.
I wouldn't have stumbled upon my strength.
~Alexandra Elle


The Manhattan skyline, from her roof! The big building in the distance, on the right, is Freedom Tower.


And then ... Time to go home.




I love a window seat!



Well, that trip was a huge thing to be Thankful for, this year! Thanks to my Dad and Mom for the "birthday mileage!" And there is just so much more to be thankful for. As always, my incredible family and friends, my health and the health of those I love. Everything else? Gravy!!!

I feel so blessed.
I hope you feel that you are too!

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving!!!!
See you in December! ;)

Blessings and light!

Rest and be thankful.
~William Wordsworth

5 comments:

Candy said...

Belated Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Lucinda! I love your photos of New York. It's still on my "someday list". Until then, I have your photos.

Rick Forrestal said...

I always love your street scene photography,
and your great food shots.

My favorite image today
is that rainy Brooklyn roof shot
with "that lonely chair."

Now I'm hungry . . .

donna baker said...

Love all your shots and sketch. I too believe you are truly blessed Lucinda.

Tammie Lee said...

lovely images one and all

nice sketch too
i love taking time to do that
it changes the experience

so nice to see what you have been doing and eating, yum

Blogger said...

There's a chance you're eligible to receive a $300 Ikea Gift Card.