Tuesday, November 30, 2010

San Diego

Couldn't resist a few more San Diego pics. All but the last one are from my friend Erin's place. Her home always feels like a great big hug and their love is so tangible. That is her jewelry (below) which is so wonderfully organic and lovely it feels though it has been drawn from sea!

My little friend McKenna, (Erin's Daughter) with her little friend "Chili" (an African tortoise of some kind)


Where there is great love
there are always miracles.
~Willa Cather


When friends enter a home,
they sense its personality and character,
the family's style of living-
these elements make a house come alive
with a sense of identity
a sense of energy,
enthusiasm,
and warmth,
declaring,
"This is who we are;
this is how we live."

~Ralph Lauren









I always love going to San Diego and getting enveloped in
"the love blanket" of my friends' homes!

Oh! If you are interested in checking out more of Erin's jewelry,
check out her Etsy site! I have 5 of her pieces I wear constantly!

Hope you are all having a beautiful week. I am off to write a paper for Italian class on the film "Ciao Professore!" Home stretch, the final is on my birthday next week! The movie is very sweet, by the way. Rent it if you can find it!

14 comments:

jane said...

oh my goodness - is that a face? home stretch!?! i´ll send you positive thoughts!
big hugs!

Joyce said...

What a priceless photo of your little friend's daughter. Yahoo... your headed towards the finish line. xo

KathyA said...

Beautiful photos! And the jewelry is exquisite -- I checked out the site!

A Brush with Color said...

Oh, good--another movie recommendation. I'll have to try to add it to our queue when I get home--thanks!

Lovely photos, and I totally agree that our homes describe how we live. Little Makena is beautiful.

Loree said...

The jewellery is very beautiful.

Cobalt Violet said...

Jane- thanks and nice to see you! :)

Joyce- that little one is so easy easy to photograph! And yes ... the finish line ....

Kathy- thank you and thanks for checking out her site!

Suzanne- yes, I think you would like it! (the movie)
I will tell Makena you said so!

Loree- I will pass on the message to Erin! Thanks!

Kerry O'Gorman said...

That little girl is cute as a button!...I love the quotes about people's homes. I totally agree!

Tammie Lee said...

Makena is pure beauty and this photo of her with the wee turtle is absolutely amazing!

So glad you had a wonderful time.

BB said...

HAHA,Little Makena looks so cute with her tiny friend,what a great photo.
Wishing you good luck with the paper,it´s also good to know that you are watching a European movie,this will sound like a cliché but watch "The Bicicle Thief" I am sure you will love it.
Warm embrace from Portugal dear Cobalt :)

Cobalt Violet said...

Thanks for the comments Kerry and Tammy!

BB thanks for the luck and I have indeed seen The Bicycle Thief and I did love it! Beautiful and sad. Loved the little boy!

gina marie said...

thank you for all the lovely comments you leave on my blog.

we'll have to have coffee in rome soon...or LA if they still drink coffee here :)

Gary Keimig said...

beautiful blog and love your photos and art. You have put a lot of heart in on this endeavor.
Great job.

Cobalt Violet said...

Gina- You are welcome. I love your pics! Coffee in Rome would be perfect but we could settle for L.A. Lots of coffee is still imbibed on Larchmont. Do you ever go over there?

Gary you are so nice! Thanks so much and your blog is wonderful!

Unknown said...

What a cute shot of the little girl and the turtle! Lovely!