Monday, January 23, 2012

Begin with Kindness ... and Etta



BEGIN WITH KINDNESS TO YOURSELF

We are all in this together.
So when you realize that you’re talking to yourself,
label it “thinking” and notice your tone of voice.
Let it be compassionate and gentle and humorous.
Then you’ll be changing old stuck patterns that are shared by the whole human race.
Compassion for others begins with kindness to ourselves.

(Start Where You Are)

Pema Chodron


watercolor still life study
fall 2011



Etta James has moved on to a kinder place but we still have her music to enjoy
and her passion and vocals at which to marvel!

I remember the first time I played her album on my brand new stereo back in 1997
and putting this song on repeat.
It is my favorite Etta vocal.
and it is amazing.

enjoy!




Have a beautiful week!
Blessings and light!



13 comments:

Marty said...

beautiful painting and great Etta !
love her too !
I wish you a wonderful week

Merisi said...

What a beautiful tribute to an exceptional singer and her out-of-this world voice!

Fernando Santos (Chana) said...

Bela pintura, bela musica...Excelente post....
Cumprimentos

Kerry O'Gorman said...

Great minds thinking alike again about a great lady!

JANE MINTER said...

great words ..beautiful view point and watercolour lucinda ..ciao j

Tammie Lee said...

thank you for the wonderful song
the beautiful colors of your lovely painting and Pema's wise words....
lovely week to you~

Karena said...

It can be a challenge to break the old patterns in the way we think and speak to ourselves! So very important to making our passions and dreams come alive!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Sergio DS said...

Precioso bodegón, enhorabuena.

Etta, grande. Rhytm in peace!

Floriana Quaini said...

Ciao, I love too Etta,
wonderful voice. May be the flowers of your nice painting can dance this slow. (I don't speak english very well, I hope my words are right)
Ciao, ciao, Floriana

Emily said...

Beautiful tribute. Beautiful painting. :)

Joyce said...

Beautiful painting and words my friend. Love the colors! xo

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Beautiful painting...beautiful words...and STUNNING Etta!

rjerdee said...

Lovely post...accolades to you and your painting...and to Etta.

And I adore talking to myself. I'm the best friend I have.