Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Rumi and Flowers


I have been a seeker and I still am,
but I stopped asking the books
and the stars.
I started listening to the teaching
of my soul.
~Rumi

Oil on canvas panel with gold leafing


Hope you all had a beautiful September! Here are some favorite quotes by the Sufi poet Rumi and some Sufi music with the poet Hafiz, to enjoy with the post! 



Wherever you stand, be the Soul of that place.
~Rumi




We are just a brush in the hands of the master painter.
~Rumi



The heart is the secret inside the secret.
~Rumi




I love my friends neither with my heart nor with my mind. 
Just in case heart might stop,
Mind can forget.
I love them with my soul.
Soul never stops or forgets!
~Rumi



You were born with potential.
You were born with goodness and trust.
You were born with ideas and dreams.
You were born with greatness. You were born with wings.
You are not meant for crawling, so don't.
You have wings.
Learn to use them and fly.
~Rumi

Blessings and light!

3 comments:

Rick Forrestal said...

Hola.
I love your oil painting (a lot), and that
fabulous silver bracelet. (Tibetan?)
Beautiful post, as always.

Cute toes!

MunirGhiasuddin said...

Love , love ,love this post. The quotes are beautiful and inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

Miss Unpredictable said...

Lovely blog yoou have here