Sunday, November 1, 2009

1970s Halloween

Before settling in last night to watch True Blood (which I thoroughly enjoyed, by the way! Very sexy except the scary, bald, tattooed vampire! Creepy, creepy.) I went through a box of old photos. I was hunting for the first of these photos but ran across a couple more.

My parents used to go every year to this big Halloween party with all their friends. My sister Penny and I would stand there in awe of our very cool parents as they took pictures before they left. It all seemed so glamorous! Especially when they went as Elton John and the Rhine Stone Cowgirl. I think we must have stood there with our mouths hanging open. Those are actually my Dad's glasses under the sequined cover my mom made. Aren't they cute?

Elton John and the Rhinestone Cowgirl 1977 (a.k.a. Mom and Dad)


Me and my Sister ... (I am the drama queen on the left)


Here we are photographed at my grandparents house in Anaheim and not looking very happy. Maybe we knew about the terrible 70s photo processing.


And now ... leaving lovely October ...


"O wild West Wind, thou breath of Autumn's being.
Thou, from whose unseen presence the leaves dead
Are driven, like ghosts from an enchanter fleeing."
~Percy Bysshe Shelley


Hope you had a great Halloween!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

These old pics are adorable! I've been meaning to catch true blood- haven't had the chance yet! Cute blog! xxx

C A said...

Hi,I totally love the styles and the colors, very avant-garde.

@ MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com