Monday, November 30, 2009

Post Art Day

Yesterday was "Art Day" with my friend Rachel and the pastel below is the result. It actually took us a while to get started because among other things I had to show her my final decisions on paint colors for my bedroom and bathroom, as well as go through bags of clothes and of course eat, socialize and make a new iTunes Holiday Playlist. Right now? "Christmastime in New Orleans" by Louis Armstrong is playing.  His voice always makes me smile.

The pastel is not finished but I think I have to wait and come back to it.  Art projects are a bit like everything else in life.  Sometimes you just have to step back, take a breath and get some perspective.

November 2009


"The tree of love, it's roots hath spread
Deep in my heart, and rears it's head;
Rich are it's fruits:  they joy dispense;
Transport the heart, and ravish sense.
In love's sweet swoon to thee I cleave,
Bless'd source of love...
~Francis of Assisi

No comments: