Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Flu bug and Movie reviews


I don't know what the flu bug looks like but I thought this felt appropriate!  

2007

I have been a bit out of commission with some sort of flu bug, so I have been recovering with Netflix.  SO... I have a few fantastic recommendations.  If you have not seen Death at a Funeral and need a good laugh (and who doesn't really) then you MUST rent it! I hesitate to say much because I don't want to ruin it!  I finally saw Lars and the Real Girl last night and loved that, as well.  It's odd and touching and is a wonderful fable about compassion and community.  At the movies, go ahead and miss  My Life in Ruins  Sadly the first half actually had me cringing ... but go see The Hangover.  I was actually surprised ... very funny, even some moments of subtile humor but obviously not for the whole family.  

There are two more rentals I can suggest, if you haven't already seen them.  (I got very behind on movies for a while.)  They are both quiet and unique romances.  They are not typical Hollywood faire, (fare? fair?)  so if that's what you are looking for, rent something else.  I happened to love Girl in the Cafe, which is an HBO film and I was in the perfect mellow mood to see Once.  (If you aren't into singer/songwriter music it might not be your cup of tea.)

Stay well and take your vitamin C!!!!

To keep a lamp burning
we have to keep putting oil in it.
~Mother Teresa

No comments: