Thursday, June 25, 2009

Matisse/Picasso

If you are an art lover, you will love Matisse/Picasso: Twin Giants of Modern Art. (2002)  They had such a fascinating relationship which began as rivals and ended up friends. What was most interesting was their influence on each others work.  I watched it twice!  This was in part because I'd been a little distracted with my bok choy, but I also just wanted to soak it in.  There were great interviews with family members, beautiful photos of the work and very interesting commentary by historians.  Can you tell I loved it??  And yes, it's on Netflix.

"The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place:  from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape..." ~Pablo Picasso

"We should always see life as we did in childhood." ~ Matisse

No comments: