Friday, August 13, 2010

Mindfulness


I thought I'd share the followings words by Thich Nhat Hanh on mindfulness ... something to think about for the weekend - or rather, not think about! :) The photos are from my parents cactus garden in Ojai this summer.


Mindfulness makes life beautiful and meaningful.
When I am mindful of my in-and-out breath and relax my whole body,
I am in touch with how good it is to be alive.



I am in touch with my state of health
and feel grateful for everything that is going well in my body.



Then with mindfulness I can be aware of the beauty of the sky,
the smile of the flower,
the singing of the birds.



I can be deeply in touch with my own suffering
and hold it with love and tenderness,
rather than suppressing it or running from it.



Because if can be truly present for myself,
I can be truly present for those I live with,
listening deeply to them and speaking words that inspire hope and self-confidence.
In this way, I can bring joy to someone each morning
and relieve the pain of someone each afternoon.

~Thich Nhat Hanh


Have a beautiful blessed weekend!


7 comments:

erin's art and gardens said...

wonderful words indeed. happy weekend to you!
erin

KathyA said...

The words and the photos are both powerful.

Candy said...

Thank you for the beautiful photos and the lovely words!

Turid said...

What a beautiful, beautiful blog you have. I will add you to my 'Blogs for the Soul' if you don't mind. Keep up your lovely posts!

Ruthie Redden said...

thank you so for these beautiful words, i really needed them today & am away to be mindful x x what amazing cacti too!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

That was simply gorgeous. And resonates so beautifully with me these days.

Thank you!

Merisi said...

Magical words and pictures, thank you!:-)

I enjoyed immensely catching up on your older blog posts. I traveled through your images with a cup of tea. Thank you!