Saturday, September 26, 2009

Next Stop ... Ventura Marina

Our next stop was the Ventura Marina. The boat in the first shot seemed to satisfy my favorite four year old in our quest to find a pirate ship!

It was such a gorgeous day in a town where I have come to expect fog. I had forgotten that this time of year in Ventura is quite spectacular and I have to say, many a memory came floating back to me. I had so many friends that worked here ... at the bikini shop, the ice cream parlor, the pizza place and at "La Marina Cantina" serving margaritas to drunken surfers. It was just what you would expect in a beach town. Like a lot of people, I don't think I knew how lucky I was.




Southern California,
where the American Dream came true.
~ Lawrence Ferlinghetti

(I don't know if that's true but sometimes it sure feels like it.)

No comments: