Monday, December 7, 2009

Time and Sofia

This is Sofie at about four and a half.  Gorgeous, right?  And I hardly did her justice. She actually prefers to be smiling in portraits but I haven't drawn one of those and frankly I am not a fan of drawing or painting teeth so I avoid them altogether!  

As of yesterday, Sofie is now 8 years old! I can't believe it.  She is the daughter of Kristen, one of my oldest and dearest friends. I feel like it was only a couple of years ago when I held her as a tiny newborn baby, eyes like saucers, with her delicate little hands and tiny tulip mouth. Kids help you keep track of how fast time is moving.  Not having kids, I fall into the fantasy that I am still that young, single chick in my twenties living in Hollywood.  Then I see my friends' kids and the spell is broken ... but it's worth it.

Happy Belated Birthday Sofia!  Love you Sweetheart!  Auntie Lulu

Sofia 2006, graphite and white chalk on paper

A birthday is just the first day 
of another 365-day journey around the sun.  
Enjoy the trip.  
~Author Unknown


3 comments:

bondearte said...

Bravooooo!!!!

It is a good work!!!!
Congratulations

BB said...

Wonderful, you are an amazing artist !

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

this is just so beautiful. I am impressed.