Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Paper Love


I am in love with this paper. It's a recent romance. I ran across it a few months ago at Blick and it's called "Ingres." Like the artist Ingres.  It might actually be named after him, I don't really know. The only problem with it?  It wrinkles like crazy. Even looking through a stack of it in the art store, trying to find one that isn't a bit wrinkled, is a challenge but now I am just going with it. The thing about it that is amazing is the way the charcoal and chalk pick up the texture of the paper ... love, love, love it! Is that weird?

I love paper.  Paper and ribbon. I think if you are someone who loves these things you completely get it. If you don't? You might just think I am completely off my tree right now. But when I go into a store that has a wall of ribbon with brocades, watercolor silks and bright beautiful colors with crazy little details like little balls on the sides? ... joy. 

O.K., back to paper. Check out the detail on the bottom one. Do you see what I mean about the texture? O.K., maybe I am a little weird but it's good to find joy in the little things, right?

Reclining Nude  November 2009


November 2009 detail

Value your connection to creativity.
Value the way you choose to express your creative power.
It's your expression of love.
~Melody Beattie
from Journey to the Heart

2 comments:

jane said...

i hear ya sister... and the drawing... wow! warm wishes! p.s.thank you for your last comment- that was really sweet. tell your mom i say "hi!"

*jean* said...

beautiful! and if it's weird to love paper, count me in...can never have enough paper...