Monday, July 6, 2009

Blue Figures


After a trip to a drawing exhibit at The Getty Center last year I went through my blue period.  I'd seen a few drawings on gorgeous blue paper and immediately I had to run over to Blick and go through all the blues before my next drawing session. My favorite was a piece from the Getty's permanent collection by by Pierre-Paul Prud'hon, Study of a Female Nude from about 1800.  She is unbelievably lovely! 

Anyway, you can see I found my blue paper. As I recall the model actually passed out in this pose!


This place where you are right now,
God circled on a map for you.
~Hafiz

2 comments:

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

That is absolutely gorgeous...you created it?

And the quote? Perfect!

Cobalt Violet said...

Thank you! Yes, and I am missing drawing the figure ... this was from an uninstructed class but there is an amazing class I take with a great group of women... wine, cheese, music ... It's my bohemian parallel life!