Sunday, July 5, 2009

Farmers Market




Mixed Media 2008 Detail

I LOVE this time of year at the farmers market!  So much beautiful fruit ... and now there are loads of colorful, fanciful heirloom tomatoes!  I am going to try to do some drawings of the heirlooms but they are so ripe and ready to eat, they make not make it into a still life.

I love eating local and without pesticides.  I am lucky there are so many farmer's markets to choose from in L.A.  There is practically one in every neighborhood.   Check out Local Harvest to find out more!  Long live the farmers market!

2 comments:

PK Studios said...

I never saw this one before. I love it. How big is it?

Cobalt Violet said...

14X17" but the photo is very cropped down. The orange is a bit lower right right with open space around it, so it could be framed smaller. Did that make sense?