Saturday, July 4, 2009

Hollywood Bowl


I hope our wisdom will grow with our power,
and teach us, that the less we use our power
the greater it will be.
~Thomas Jefferson




I love fireworks at the Bowl!  Actually I just love the Hollywood Bowl.  It is without question in my 5 favorite things to do in the city.  It may very well be at the top.  It's worth the hassles of parking and the traffic.  There is nothing like a picnic dinner before (and sometimes during) the show.  

This weekend is the 4th of July so of course tonight they did the "fireworks spectacular" to John Philip Sousa.  Nothing is better than a fireworks/Sousa combo to celebrate Independence Day!  As always, there's a huge variety of shows coming up!  Classical, Reggae Night, Natalie Cole, Herbie Hancock, Diana Krall, Liza, Depeche Mode, Jazz nights... Pink Martini and of course the notorious Sing-a-long Sound of Music which I hear has gotten pretty crazy and quite hilarious.  Don't forget your habit. (That would be a nun's habit.  Is it spelled the same?)

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
than those attending too small a degree of it.
~Thomas Jefferson

1 comment:

Colin said...

Awesome pictures, Lu! So glad we got to hang (albeit with many distractions) yesterday and that I get to read your blog! Take care and have a happy 4th!