Thursday, July 2, 2009

Kenya


These are photos I took exactly 20 years ago this month! (Obviously I was an infant!) They were taken with an old 1970s manual Minolta I still own.  Many are water damaged (a canteen of water spilled in my backpack all over my film!) and some are blurry from the movement of the van, but I still love them.  It's one of my favorite places in the world, and nowhere have I ever felt so grounded and at home.  I couldn't resist the extra cheetah photos. They are so majestic and have always been my favorite animals.  They are magical and simply magnificent!

There is something about safari life that makes you forget all your sorrows 
and feel as if you had drunk half a bottle of champagne 
... bubbling over with heartfelt gratitude of being alive.
~Karen Blixen













If there were one more thing I could do,
it would be to go on safari again.
~Karen Blixen

4 comments:

PK Studios said...

20 years.... I feel old now. Start the visualization now! Kenya here we come.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Seriously gorgeous! A dream of mine, too!

PK Studios said...

Do you still have the negatives of these?? Did you make them sepia on photoshop?? Maybe you can do mine too : ) .... so they are the same as yours and we can combine them for Ben's new African themed room??

Unknown said...

Wonderful photos! I have this thing for Africa - and I never had a farm there as Karen did! :-)