Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bert Collins and A Creative Shot in the Arm


Well, it's exactly what I needed ... a creative shot in the arm. My Mom and I made it to 12 of the artists on the studio tour over two days. By Sunday afternoon I was exhausted ... but in a good way!

One of our favorites from this year (and previous years) is Bert Collins. She does these beautiful and magical pastel pieces (from her head!!!) and on top of it, she is an incredibly sweet soul and very generous with knowledge of her craft. As you will see, she even shows samples of how she goes about it! What is amazing to me is that she does not work from photographs! I just adore her. I am signed up for a work shop in a couple of weeks and will let you know how it goes!

Unfinished piece in Bert Collins studio...

How she goes about it ...

Sorry about the glare! This was sold or I might have had to sell my jewelry!

Bert Collins- Pastel




"It is all very well to copy what one sees,
but it is far better to draw
what one now only sees in one's memory.
That is a transformation in which
imagination collaborates with memory."
~Edgar Degas

No comments: