Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Few More Posies ...

Feeling very proud of myself tonight. I went to the gym for the first time in almost a year and a half. It shocks me a little when I type it out! My gym is in Hollywood and looks out onto the Cinerama Dome. That's how Hollywood it is! When you are on the treadmill or the stair stepper you actually look out onto the honeycomb design of the dome and all of the sudden a craving takes over ... must... have ... popcorn ...

I realize this has nothing to do with flowers but ... here goes!
The earth laughs in flowers.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

5"x 5" oil on canvas board with metal leafing





People from a planet without flowers would think
we must be mad with joy
the whole time to have such things about us.
~Iris Murdoch

1 comment:

Erin Pettit said...

Hey, there's my flowers! Love that painting and look at it every day. It's in my kitchen, right next to the happy frogs!