Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Lovely October Garden

Here are a few photos I took last weekend at my sister's place in Ojai.  I am so behind on posting photos! I was up until 2am last night writing for my memoir class, which was this morning. I went back to read what I wrote and wondered, Does anyone care about this stuff?  Our teacher is great at reminding us that everyone's story is important and it's being honest and telling our story in our own voice that makes it interesting.  A few minutes ago I opened Melody Beattie's book, that I often quote from on this blog, and found a quote that puts it beautifully.

"Live your life from your heart.
Share from your heart.
And your story will
touch and heal people's souls."
~Melody Beattie
from Journey to the Heart


Lovely color ... almost ready!




My nephew, who is four years old, picks and eats the snap peas right out of the garden!


"Delicious Autumn!
My very soul is wedded to it,
and if I were a bird 
I would fly about the earth
 seeking the successive autumns."
~George Eliot

No comments: