Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Painted Skies

Went to figure drawing tonight ... LOVE it, but I have be working a lot in sanguine Conte and varying Sepia inks which are lovely and all, but I am missing color! So, I am getting excited to tour artists studios this weekend in Ojai. I previously mentioned the yearly artists studio tours and as always there will be plenty of plein air painting and landscape pastels to get me motivated and back to my paint palette or at least some pastel work.

I wish I was one of those people who could just wake up and roll out of bed, ready to grab a brush and some paints and get to it! Alas, I still seem to have to get myself inspired and motivated. (Which can be pretty fun too.)

Sunsets are pretty inspiring color-wise, no?

"Without inspiration
the best powers of the mind remain dormant,
there is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks."
~Johann Gottfried Von Herder
Ventura

Ojai

Ojai

Rome

"God doesn't require us to succeed;
he only requires that you try."
~Mother Teresa



No comments: